This week in our homeschool preschool, our theme is “Earth and Spring”. In an effort to welcome spring, we will be discovering nature’s growth potential all around us. Through preschool activities such as creating flower craft, playing with mud, exploring weight of a rock and planting flowers, we will be learning counting, letters and patterns.
Download the our march curriculum.
Subscribe to our mailing list so that you can follow our curriculum and download our printables monthly. Each months’ material will be sent out the month prior.
Our Curriculum for this week:
|03/18/2019->03/22/2019||Theme: Earth and Spring|
|1||Making a Flower Craft||Making Mud Sensory Jar||Earth vs. Rock Float Experiment||Making Name Caterpillar||Flower Planting|
|2||Counting Flower Petals||Dump Truck Rock Transport||Counting Rocks to Match Numbers||Sounding out Letters||Naming Flowers|
|3||Making bird’s nest with Yarn||Mud Sensory Tray with Animals||Water Transfer Activity||Planting Flowers Sensory Bin||Spring Scene Jigsaw Puzzle|
Making a Flower Craft
Skills: fine motor skills
Materials: Craft Paper yellow and orange, Straw, glue
- Using the instructions in this youtube video, create the flower craft with your child.
- Counting the Flower Petals
- Read the letters you have put inside the flower petal together
- Take a heap of yarn and pretend it’s a bird’s nest. Ask your child to find a bird in the toy bin. Let the bird play around the flower and nest in the yarn.
Character Lessons: imagination
Making a Mud Sensory Jar
Skills: transfer and scooping
Materials: Mud, Plastic Toy Animals, Water
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar and close the lid. Watch the mud settle to the bottom with your child.
- Find a dump truck. Take mud and toy animals, ask your child to load up the truck.
- Take a tray, put mud and a small pitcher of water. Ask your child to make mud pie.
Character Lessons: calm
Earth vs. Rock Float Experiment
Materials: small rocks of different sizes, mud, large bowl
- Stand at the sink with your child. Fill a large bowl with water. Ask your child to drop the mud and different rocks individually into the bowl and watch it sink.
- Talk about density with your child.
- Counting out the rocks as your child drops them into the bowl.
- Give your child two bottles or a bottle and a pitcher. Ask your child to pour the water back and forth.
Character Lessons: persistence
Making Name Caterpillar
Skills: naming letters
Materials: craft paper, cloth pin, glue
Using the instructions here, create the caterpillar by drawing circles and cutting them out. Then, put the child’s name on the caterpillar.
- Sounding out the letters in the caterpillar.
- Create a flower sensory bin by using fake flowers and soil. Using small planting pots to help your child plant the flowers.
- Let your child’s caterpillar sleep in the flower sensory bin.
Character Lessons: perseverance
Skills: scooping, transfer
Materials: soil, bin, fake flowers of different kinds, different scoops, small flower pots
Plant the flowers in the sensory bin by scooping soil into different flower pots.
Name the flowers individually with your child.
Take your favorite picture of spring and print it out on a printer. (laminate it if you must). Cut out random pieces of the picure (3 or 4) and lay them out on the table. Ask your child to put the picture together.
Character Lessons: persistence
Join Us & Receive
- Parenting Resources
- Homeschool Resources
- Blogging Resources